Monday, June 11, 2007

The Google, She Knows Everything


I was Googling myself last week. We all do it, like picking our noses, masturbating and taking money out of cash registers when nobody's looking. There was the usual Amazon profiles and smart ass book reviews, wedding, birth and death announcements, back issues of Penthouse with my freelance articles (I was in the same issue as Kingsley Amis and Ben Stein!), and lots of people named Brett who work for Sonnenschein, Nath & Rosenthal, a giant law firm that owns the Sonnenschein.com domain.

Then I found this. I'm in a book? I'm in a 10-year old book and nobody told me? It's called Notes from Underground: Zines and the Politics of Alternative Culture, has anyone read it?

In case you don't know I was editor and publisher of a zine called Roulez, The Magazine for and About the Serious Mille Bornes Player in the early nineties. I have no idea who this Stephen Duncombe is or what his zine was that I traded for. Since the page I'm on isn't in Google I have no idea how I'm referenced and the suspense is killing me.

I've purchased a used copy on Amazon. More info as it becomes available.

No comments: