Thursday, June 5, 2008

Obama's Vice-President

There has been a lot of speculation in the news about who Barack Obama will choose to be the vice president on the Democratic ticket. Well, you'll be glad to know I've figured it out. Even Obama may not realize it yet but there is only one person he can and will pick.

Most of the speculation has revolved around Hillary Clinton but Obama can't pick her because of personal enmity, suspicion that she will be the tail wagging the dog, and the X-factor of all X- factors, her husband. So she's out.

But this is an even larger problem because Hillary Clinton is the most famous woman in the world and almost everyone else will pale by comparison. Is there anyone else who won't look like a second choice to Hillary yet won't overshadow Obama? Al Gore is a thought but he's out of politics and guest starring on 30 Rock. Who else? John Kerry? John Edwards? Bill Bradley? Not a chance.

There is another name, one that's bigger than Gore or Clinton or even Bush in American politics. And that's Kennedy. And there's one Kennedy that won't overshadow Obama, and even better, she's a woman.

Caroline Kennedy.

Kennedy the perfect combination of old-style Democratic politics and out of the box thinking. I thought this was a little out there until I saw that she's on Obama's search committee! That's exactly how Dick Cheney became vice president. And between Ted's brain tumor and the anniversary of Robert Kennedy's death the public is more favorably disposed to the Kennedys than any time in years. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if these events haven't been manipulated by the Kennedys themselves. They'll do anything. When it comes to ambition they make the Clintons look like the Gores!

What about Caroline herself? She's spent years out of the public eye, never running for public office, avoiding scandals, writing books and raising her children. The perfect cover!

This isn't like the Sharks winning the Stanley Cup, people. Take it to the bank.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle. that's my guess! Remember you heard it here first!

Trish said...

Okay, I think I'm your new biggest fan. You're hilarious! The thought crossed my mind when I saw she was spearheading the VP search committee, and I have to say, he could pick an elephant and I'd still vote for him. But add a Kennedy--and it's all over but the crying.

Good luck with the Jeopardy thing--I hope it pans out for you! And lets see some photos of those kids!!

:) Hi to Jen for me too!

Brett said...

"Hi" and thanks for your support (and all those clothes)!

I know my kids are my most popular feature so I'll try and write some more about them.