Monday, July 2, 2007

What the Hell Happened, America?


It used to be you'd go into any supermarket or large drugstore and there would be a vending machines selling small football helmets for a quarter. Usually the sticker containing the logo and the face mask were separate. It was almost impossible to get your local team which explains the day I ran through the Green Acres Mall yelling, "I got the Jets! I got the Jets!" scaring the crap out of my mother.

These machines have disappeared.

What the hell happened, America?

I hadn't seen one in years until I was in a Wal-Mart in Mansfield, Ohio this weekend (I know. I know.) and they had a machine selling helmets for a dollar! Back in the day you could get a whole division for a dollar!

Anyway, I blew three bucks and got a Panthers, Buccaneers and the buzzsaw known as the Cardinals.

It was cool but what the hell happened, America?

No comments: