Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For

Obviously, I miss my wife and kids when I'm not with them but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited about being by myself from Sunday night until I pick up the rest of the clan at LaGuardia tonight. It has not gone well.

My flight was delayed leaving Akron-Canton.

I was seated in the middle of a college musical theater group that frequently broke into song. I thought I was through with that when I left Northwestern.

It took forever to get a cab and the cab driver couldn't open his trunk.

I yelled at the cab driver and had to apologize to him.

I ordered takeout and it was cold.

The next morning my train to work sat at Delancey Street for 20 minutes destroying my first chance to get to work on-time since my hours changed.

When I got home from work my PS2 broke destroying my chance of a night of NCAA06 bliss.

One of my cats took a poop on the rug.

It took a very long time to clean up all her other poops on the rug.

I was too tired from doing everything else to work on the new family budget.

This morning, I was rushing to get a pre-work haircut (if you don't have two kids you have no idea how hard it is for me to get a haircut) when I noticed Daisy Dumont's paw was bleeding. It didn't look that great. After a lot of wondering what to do I took her to the Vet. She has an abscess and will have to wear a collar and go on antibiotics but she'll be up and stealing my food again soon.

Because of this I had to take cab to work and got in at 11. That is not getting to work on time.

On the plus side I finally saw Cradle Will Rock and that was pretty good until the actually performed their heavy-handed titular play. Everyone in the world was in it including the ubiquitous Uncle Junior and Miranda's housekeeper.

1 comment:

Marc Siry said...

I never fly without earplugs- you never know what auditory horror you're going to be sitting near.